Various modifications prescribed by Railway Board/RDSO for improving the performance of coaches, are being implemented in this Workshop. Some of them are :-
- Laying of FRP tissue on trough floor.
- Provision of Stainless Steel Inlays in Lavatories.
- Retrofitment of Air Brakes (Bogie mounted system is being provided).
- All fire prevention measures/modifications are being carried out.
- Coach flooring with 12 mm Compreg and PVC flooring. Welding of PVC sheets is being done.
- Pop Riveting of mirror frame and mouldings is being done.
* The workshop has built three shunting vehicles locally without any assistance from outside. This has been done to cater for the increased shunting requirement of Workshop.
* The Roller Bearing Section has been improved and all recommendations of COFMOW report have been implemented. All roller bearings are subjected to die-penetrant testing.
* Magnaflux testing of helical springs (axle box and bolster), BSS Hangers and brake block hangers.